Tips to cut down on false alarms in Bakersfield
False alarms may become a legitimate problem for home security systems. Not only do they erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Bakersfield security system.
To begin, make sure that everything is connected properly. This will probably appear to be a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that basic mistakes result in false alarms. Secondly, check out potential sources of false alarms, including a back door that could be left open by accident. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Bakersfield.
Is it really that simple? Continue on and find out.
Numerous false alarms in Bakersfield are avoidable
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to read the manual. Make sure all your components are set up correctly from your end by:
- Running a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Physically check each sensor to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your schedules and presets to make sure that your home’s security isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Ensure all recently added smart implements are incorporated properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Call your customer service specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Bakersfield system. They'll be pleased to dispatch a tech to inspect your system.
Investigate your doors and windows
If your installation appears to be OK, the ensuing course of action is to do an investigation of your property. Are your doors and widows closed tightly, or do you find some inadvertently open? If an access point is left unsecured, it could activate an activated sensor. If your family consistently neglects to shut an entrance, you can incorporate a smart lock that automatically locks when the alarm is engaged. Unfortunately, windows need more hands-on attention, especially if you have a family member who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that device while still shielding the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation is an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Bakersfield
One of the best ways to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your security system. When utilizing your security app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you’re in the house and prevent false alarms caused by mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. Then have it automatically engage again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disarm when your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you depart the driveway, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get smartphone alerts when your devices detect abnormal motion or need a fresh battery.
- Link your system to a smart home speaker, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Bakersfield with a Vivint smart home installation
Greater control over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, call (661) 732-2557 or send in the form below.