Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bakersfield smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total charge of your Bakersfield home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Bakersfield do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also offers convenient remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can perform:
- View live or saved video from all connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bakersfield by setting schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bakersfield
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the info to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bakersfield smart home. Call (661) 732-2557 to get started.