Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become customary for numerous people. You appreciate the ease of having goods dropped right at your door, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you can take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are effective tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why they’ll likely become a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Bakersfield video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to set up detection zones, speak to individuals in front of your door, and get immediate notifications whenever something is delivered.
The easiest way to find out how a Bakersfield video doorbell camera works is to look at the many benefits it can provide. Consider these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with audible and visual warnings. This is a great way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You deserve to see the whole picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Vivid images no matter the hour: What’s the benefit of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and hard to see? Top models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You can enjoy immediate alerts from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and deliveries.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is someone lingering at your main entry? Bi-directional audio lets you find out why they’re there. You can even take advantage of this beneficial feature to frighten off people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you minimize false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the chance to access current and archived video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.